Similar recipes: Ghirardelli's molten lava cakes or Martha's Molten Chocolate Cakes
* 3.4 ounces all-purpose flour (about 3/4 cup)
* 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
* 5 teaspoons instant espresso powder
* 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
* 2/3 cup granulated sugar
* 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
* 1 cup egg substitute
* 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 1 (2.6-ounce) bar dark (71% cocoa) chocolate (such as Valrhona Le Noir Amer), finely chopped
* 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Sift together flour, cocoa, espresso powder, baking powder, and salt.
2. Place butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed 1 minute. Add granulated and brown sugars, beating until well blended (about 5 minutes). Add egg substitute and vanilla, beating until well blended. Fold flour mixture into sugar mixture; fold in chocolate. Divide batter evenly among 10 (4-ounce) ramekins; arrange ramekins on a jelly-roll pan. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or up to 2 days.
3. Preheat oven to 350°.
4. Let ramekins stand at room temperature 10 minutes. Uncover and bake at 350° for 21 minutes or until cakes are puffy and slightly crusty on top. Sprinkle evenly with powdered sugar; serve immediately.
Source: Cooking Light, December 2008