12 oz. semi-sweet choc chips (don't use milk choc; "bags" sometimes are as small as 9 oz.)
1 (8 oz.) box of cream cheese, softened
2-1/2 to 3 cups powdered sugar
hot water bath
1. Melt choc chips in microwave by placing them in a glass bowl. Heat at high for 2 min., then stir. Heat at high and stir every 20-30 secs until melted. Place the bowl in a hot water bath to keep them melty.
2. In medium to large bowl, cream the softened cream cheese by hand. It gunks up the electric mixer's beaters.
3. Cream the powdered sugar into the cream cheese by hand.
4. Mix in the melted chocolate. Work fast: the chocolate hardens very quickly.
5. Refrigerate the mixture until it is malleable, about 20-30 min.
6. Form into balls; roll onto loose cocoa (1-2 heaping teaspoons) and set onto wax paper.
7. Refrigerate until ready to serve.