Can be any kind of nuts, but pecans are good. Makes one pound.
From Robin Mohr, via other Friends
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1 lb. nuts of any kind. Pecans come recommended.
1 egg white.
1 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
Oven to 350.
1. In a small bowl, combine sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, lightly beat one egg white.
3. Mix in one pound nuts until coated.
4. Add sugar mixture into nuts until evenly coated.
5. Spread nuts onto a baking sheet.
6. Bake for a total of 20-30 minutes, stirring at decreasing intervals (after 10 minutes, 8 min, 5 min, 3 min, etc.) During the first ten minutes or so, the egg white will puff a little. Watch them carefully near the end and take out when they are lightly browned.