See Liz's pasta sauce and cheese filling recipes. Consider making sauce 1-2 days ahead of time. The sauce and cheese filling are the same for stuffed shells (and presumably manicotti).
16-oz package of lasagna noodles
Liz's pasta sauce (or, if in a pinch, 2 or more jars of pasta sauce)
Liz's cheese filling
1/2 cup mozzarella
1/2 cup shredded parmesan
Have ready a large bowl, a large stock pot, a large rectangular lasagna pan, and probably a smaller one, too.
1. Boil several small to medium size pots of water to get going. Combine into one large stock pot and, when boiling, prepare lasagna noodles until nearly cooked, per instructions on the box.
2. While noodles are cooking, prepare a large cold water bath in a large bowl.
3. Remove noodles carefully and place in large cold water bath.
4. After pasta sauce and cheese filling are made, spread a thin layer (1 ladle's worth?) of pasta sauce on bottom of lasagna pan(s).
5. Layer 1/4 of lasagna, then 1/3 of cheese filling, and then 1 cup of sauce.
6. Repeat those layers twice.
7. Finish with remaining lasagna, sauce, and 1/2 cup mozzarella and 1/2 cup parmesan.
8. Cover and bake for 45 min.
9. Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes--it will be bubbly.
10. Let cool 5-10 min. before serving to make it easier to deal with.