Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies (Big Oven, UNTRIED)
1. Based on a recipe from Big Oven
2. Susan K's recipe adds 2 Tbls of milk to the ingredients that are creamed together.
3. There is another version and well-tested recipe here.
1-3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
OPTIONAL: 2 Tbl milk
1/2 cup margarine softened (butter? Susan's says "shortening")
1/2 cup peanut butter, room temp
Extra sugar for rolling dough balls
Preheat oven to 375. Ungreased cookie sheet.
1. In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl or the bowl of a standing mixer, place the butter and mix with peanut butter.
3. Add sugars gradually to the peanut butter mix until creamy and well-blended.
4. Beat in egg and vanilla (and milk if you wish).
5. Stir in flour mix, gradually, until just combined.
6. Roll into one-inch balls, and cover in sugar.
7. Bake on ungreased cookie sheets for about 8 minutes.
8. While cookies are baking, unwrap appropriate number of kisses.
9. Remove cookies from oven and press an unwrapped kiss into the top of each cookie.
10. Return to oven and bake for another 2-3 minutes, being careful not to overbake.