from Martha Stewart magazine, date unknown (around 2007)
1/3 cup pecans, toasted
1/4 cup plus 2 Tbls loosely packed fresh thyme, plus sprigs for garnish (optional)
2 Tbls loosely packed fresh lemon-thyme leaves (regular thyme is ok if you can't find the other)
3 Tbls honey
1 Tbl extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp coarse salt
Freshly ground pepper
1 boneless skinless turkey breast, weighing about 1-1/2 lbs.
1. Toast the pecans for a few min in the oven. Pulse pecans in food processor until finely ground.
2. Preheat oven to 425. Have a rimmed baking sheet ready.
3. Add to pecans 1/4 cup thyme, all the lemon thyme, honey, oil, salt, and pepper. Mix with food processor until combined.
4. Transfer mixture to a bowl and stir in remaining 2 Tbls of thyme.
5. Reserve 2 Tbls of that mixture on the side for later.
6. Halve the turkey breast horizontally and spread half of the herb mixture on each piece of turkey.
7. Starting at one short end, roll the turkey up and tie each piece with twine.
8. Spread the reserved herb mixture over the top of each roll--"roulade"--and transfer to the baking sheet.
9. Roast for 25-30 minutes, until meat thermometer reads 160. Let cool 5-10 minutes and then cut into 1/4" slices.