from Martha Stewart magazine, date unknown (around 2007)
1 Tbl coarse salt or sea salt
1 tsp freshly ground pepper
1 whole chicken (3-4 lbs) quartered, rinsed, and patted dry. Skins on.
1. Combine salt and pepper and rub it on the chicken, covering all sides and shaking off excess.
2. Let stand at room temp for 30 min. Heat up grill to medium-high towards the end of that time.
3. Place chicken on grill, skin-side down. Close the grill and cook for 8 min.
4. Flip chicken, close grill, and cook for about another 15 min until done.
5. Transfer chicken to a plate and let it rest for 10-15 min.