Recipe based on something in a book by the Satellite Sisters
8 oz. spaghetti, broken in to 2" pieces and partially cooked
4 Tbls (1/2 stick) butter
4 Tbls flour
1 tsp salt or sea salt (less sodium, more flavor)
1/4 tsp nutmeg
2 cloves garlic
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 cups chicken broth (prepared with Better Than Bouillon)
1 cup light cream
1/4-1/2 cup cooking sherry
1/3 cup grated parmesan
2 cups cooked turkey or chicken, cubed
1/2 lb mushrooms, sliced (optional)
other veggies (carrots, peas, green beans)
1 egg yolk
1/4-1/2 cup breadcrumbs
Grease 2-1/2 quart casserole dish; oven to 350
1. Partially cook spaghetti. It will continue to cook in the oven. Let it sit in cool water when removed from stove.
2. Combine flour, salt nutmeg. Set aside.
3. Grate parmesan. Set aside.
4. Chop various veggies into large bowl. Set aside.
5. Saute garlic and onion with salt and pepper in oil in small pan. Set aside.
6. Melt butter over low heat in large saucepan.
7. Add flour mixture, stirring (whisking?) constantly until smooth and bubbly. Remove from heat.
8. Stir in broth and cream, bring to a boil, and cook while stirring for one minute.
9. Stir in wine and cheese.
10. Add sauce to cooked spaghetti, or vice versa.
11. To the chicken (turkey), add mushrooms, other veggies, and egg yolk.
12. Add garlic and onion mixture to the spaghetti mixture.
13. Add chicken mixture to the spaghetti mixture.
14. Pour into greased casserole dish; top with bread crumbs.
15. Cook in oven at 350 for 25-30 min.