from the back of the bag of Guittard chocolate chips
Makes 16 3-inch cookies.
2 cups (12-oz) semisweet choc chips
3 Tbls butter
2 large eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1. Melt chips and butter in top of double boiler over low heat, stirring until smooth but thick. If no double boiler, heat chips and butter in microwave at medium for 1-2 mins, stirring well after 1 minute and then at 30 sec intervals until smooth. Set aside.
2. In large bowl, beat eggs, salt, and vanilla (on high with electric mixer about 2-3 mins) until pale yellow and slightly thickened.
3. Mix in chocolate (on low).
4. Add flour and baking powder (on low) until just incorporated.
5. Cover dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15-30 min.
6. Heat oven to 375.
7. Scoop eight 2-inch balls onto parchment lined cookie sheet, leaving 2 inches between cookies.
8. Bake one sheet at a time for 12 mins or until crusty on the outside and soft in the center.
. . . . . . . . . . .
To reheat cooled cookies, microwave on high for 10 sec per cookie.