Thursday, March 28, 2013
Blueberry Buttermilk Coffee Cake
This recipe is from AllRecipes.com
Uses a 9" x 13" pan
The recipe calls for "white sugar" but most of the time, evaporated cane sugar is fine.
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1-1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups buttermilk
4 cups flour
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 cups blueberries
2/3 cup flour
2/3 cup sugar
6 Tbl butter, softened
1. Grease and flour 9" x 13" pan.
2. Oven to 350.
3. In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
4. In another large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
5. Beat in eggs one at a time.
6. Stir in vanilla.
7. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk, mixing until just incorporated.
8. Stir in the blueberries and pour batter into prepared pan.
9. In a small bowl, whisk together flour and sugar for the topping.
10. Cut in the softened butter using a fork or a pastry cutter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
11. Sprinkle over top of batter.
12. Bake at 350 for 45-60 min, until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool and then serve.