1. Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Baking Mix is less granular than other gluten free mixes.
2. This recipe is a combination of a recipe from Liz Keeney and America's Test Kitchen.
3. It helps to measure out ingredients ahead of time.
4. It helps to break up the baking chocolate so it melts uniformly and simultaneously with the choc chips. Another tip would be to soften the larger chunks in the microwave, Power 3 for about 20-30 secs.
9 x 9 pan, greased; oven to 350
1 c. butter = 1 stick
2 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate, broken up
a short cup of semisweet chocolate chips
3 Tbl dutch cocoa (regular cocoa should be okay)
1-1/4 c. sugar
1-1/2 tsp vanilla
1-1/4 c. **Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Baking Mix**
1/4 tsp salt
1. While the oven is heating, in a 2-quart sauce pan, melt butter, chocolate chips, and baking chocolate over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally.
2. When smooth, whisk or stir in cocoa until the melted mixture becomes smooth again.
3. Remove from heat and stir in sugar and vanilla.
4. Add eggs one at a time, stirring after each addition.
5. Stir in flour and salt. Mix until just moistened and smooth.
6. Transfer to prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake 20-30 minutes until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan or top begins to crack. It may be better to pull brownies out of oven when there is still some goo on a toothpick...