Makes 6 servings
1-1/2 lb. ground turkey* or beef
*with turkey, use more liquid, such as OJ, and cook for a shorter time
1 cup soft bread crumbs
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1/3 cup ketchup
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 egg slightly beaten
1/4 cup or less of OJ if using turkey
1/4 cup chili sauce
1/4 cup honey or crushed pineapple, drained
Use 8 x 4 x 1-1/2" pan
If using a traditional pan, be sure to grease it ahead of time.
Oven to 350.
1. Combine dry ingredients in small bowl. Set aside.
2. Combine wet ingredients in small bowl. Set aside.
3. Place ground meat in large, wide-mouthed bowl. Add wet ingredients and mix in gently.
4. Add dry ingredients and mix in gently.
5. Form into loaf. Place in pan. Bake at 350, uncovered, for 40 min.
6. While loaf is baking, combine topping ingredients.
7. Spoon over loaf after 40 min. and bake another 30 min. For turkey, cook until 180 internal temp: topping will be dark and sides will have pulled away from pan.