Monday, January 28, 2013
Rice Chex Puppy Chow
1. A half-recipe would make about 9 small servings. Half-recipe amounts are in parentheses.
2. Would sifting powdered sugar over the covered mixture work?
9 cups Chex cereal (eg Rice Chex, Corn Chex, etc)
1 cup semisweet choc chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
1 tsp vanilla
1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
1. In a large bowl, put all the cereal and set aside.
2. In a 1-quart microwave-safe bowl, put the chips, peanut butter, and butter. Heat in microwave on high for 1 minute and stir.
3. Microwave for another 20-30 seconds until peanut butter mixture can be stirred until smooth.
4. Stir in vanilla.
5. Pour mixture over cereal and stir until evenly coated.
6. Pour mixture into 2- or 3-gallon plastic/food-storage bag or ziplock.
7. Add powdered sugar, seal bag, and shake well.
8. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in the fridge.