Red Velvet Balls

From high school friend Chantal Sabourin Rhoads. Per Chantal, adapted from a Food Network recipe.

I cheated and used "boxed" red velvet cake mix, which really was not bad. Bake as per directions...doesn't matter what pan you use because you will destroy it!

I mixed 8 oz. softened cream cheese with approx. 2 - 3 tablespoons of milk, 1 tsp vanilla and approx. 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar. I eyeballed, it, so my measurements are not precise...you're basically making cream cheese icing.

Once the icing is mixed, add the baked red velvet cake and mix until well incorporated.

I used a rounded tablespoon of cake mixture to make the balls. I put them on a sheet of waxed paper and threw them in the freezer to chill.

Melt white chocolate in a double boiler and dip the chilled cake balls until covered.

Decorate as you'd like and return to freezer for a few minutes to "set" the chocolate.

Refrigerate the finished cake balls.

Comments

Popular Posts