from Martha Stewart magazine, date unknown (around 2007)
Similar to Molten Chocolate Cake (which uses espresso) and Molten Lava Cakes (which use cake flour).
Serves 6. Uses a 6-cup muffin tin.
4 Tbls unsalted butter, room temp; plus a little extra for muffin tins
1/3 cup sugar, plus a little extra for muffin tins
3 large eggs
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
8 oz. bittersweet chocolate
powdered sugar for dusting the tops
1. Oven to 400. Butter a 6-cup muffin tin and dust with granulated sugar.
2. Melt the chocolate.
3. Beat butter and granulated sugar until fluffy.
4. Beat in eggs one at a time.
5. Reduce speed (if using electric mixer) and beat in flour and salt.
6. Beat in chocolate.
7. Divide batter among muffin cups.
8. Place muffin tin on cookie sheet and bake until cakes no longer jiggle when shaken, about 8-10 min. Cool for 10 min more.
9. Turn out cakes onto serving plates, upside down. Dust each with powdered sugar and serve with whipped cream if available.